Sunday, June 19, 2011

I would like to update ,or add to the discussion some current info. and what I believe to be the motion in which we can observe all things necessary to produce speed and power in any motion while improving balance, rhythm and ultimately timing. In my profile blog, I have offered the figure "8" Motion, along with some basic information, as a possible platelet, from which we groove our motion and can find answers as to proper kinetic linking Now the thing about the figure "8" motion is, it can be execute in a forward or reverse order. By that I mean, in order to start the motion, we can go towards the target line(outside),, or away from the target line(inside), and continue the motion until you choose to release or transfer energy. Another thing I would like to point out is that, there is no one shape to the motion. While a standard figure "8" appears to be two symmetrical circles, the figure "8" motion never touches and is not confined to 2 D motion or flat planes of movement. For example ,if for a moment ,you can envision a rubber band, shaped in a circle, in front of you.Now grab the left side and the right side and twist one side forward and the other side backwards, and now imagine all the possible combinations , as far as paths, that can be created. The side can be stretched, compressed, etc.To me, this is what I envision as continuous motion and the possible paths it travels in order to create speed. Sometimes, I see the swing motion as a traceable path similar to the track on a roller coaster. From this sort of thinking, I can begin to execute the motion with proximal motions that control distal motions, because they both travel on the same track, yet the proximal one is easy to control and repeat. This is just what I am working on, as I continue on my journey. I would really like to hear if anyone out there has any similar thoughts.
1lovegolf24

No comments:

Post a Comment