Sunday, June 19, 2011

It is with great respect, for those that came before, as well as the greats of today, that I make the statement, “I believe all swings, in golf or any swing motion, for that matter, produce power and speed in the same way.
I believe the Figure “8” motion provides one with the natural motion and inherent ability to create both speed and power. Whether you are discussing centripetal, centrifugal, leverage, rotation or any other aspect of creating power or inertia, we will find it in the natural Figure “8” Motion.
How would one define a Figure “8”motion. ?
I would like to offer a simple recipe to create or execute this motion and subsequently produce power and speed.
1)      A lift
2)      A drop
3)      A push
4)      A pull
5)      And the dynamic constant of changing direction
How you execute this motion, what you feel while doing it, how your explain it or teach it, is as different from everyone else as your fingerprints.
This motion is, IMO, is executed naturally by everyone, everyday. Once you feel it, you won’t need to explain it, or understand why it work, and you will certainly never forget, it, even if you tried.
Now please don’t misunderstand me. This motion is an, what I feel and see with regards to how I believe we all produce speed and power. The actual release of energy and ability to hit the ball is a different recipe comprised of timing, and reps.
My theories are based on my experiences, and focus solely on my ability to produce repeatable, controlled power and speed, in balance.
 The following video demonstrates the basic look of the Figure “8”motion, and how I personally use it to swing a golf club and naturally produce power and speed,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu3yu3bXTIY

 
1lovegolf24
In part II , will try to explain how one might begin to understand and execute this motion, and explore all the answers the Figure “8”motion reveals.

No comments:

Post a Comment